Bill Ussery, PE, founding principal of 4SE, has over 39 years of experience in structural design and project management for structural engineering services. As principal engineer, he has been responsible for structural design and management of structural engineering services for numerous projects including schools, churches, health care facilities, parking garages, monumental structures, condominiums and hotels, waterfront structures, office buildings, commercial structures, and residences.
Bill is responsible for coordination of projects including design, drawings, specifications, and construction administration. His experience also includes services related to construction activities including material submittals/shop drawing review, pay request reviews, inspections, etc. Design experience includes structural designs utilizing structural steel, reinforced concrete, post-tensioned concrete, pre-stressed concrete, masonry, and timber on a wide variety of projects for new buildings, foundations, guyed and self-support towers and water front projects.
- 2002 - Present Principal Engineer, 4SE, Inc.
- 1978 - 2002 Senior Project Engineer, Shoolbred Engineers, Inc., Charleston SC
- 1975 - 1978 Structural Engineer, Duke Power Company. Responsible for structural design of numerous components of nuclear facilities including the reactor building exterior structure at the Catawba Nuclear Power Plant and two of the nuclear safety related auxiliary buildings at the Cherokee Nuclear Plant
- Clemson University, B.S.C.E. Structural Engineering, 1975
Registrations and Professional Affiliations
- Registered Professional Engineer: South Carolina
- Member, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Member, Structural Engineers Association of South Carolina
- Member, American Institute of Steel Construction
- Charleston Maritime Center, AISC
- 2014 Engineering Firm of the Year Finalist, Charleston Contractors Association
- 2006 Architect/Engineering Firm of the Year Finalist, American Subcontractors Association of the Carolinas Charleston Chapter
- 2004 Architect/Engineering Firm of the Year, American Subcontractors Association of the Carolinas Charleston Chapter