History and What We Do
4SE, Inc. is a structural engineering firm that was established in 2002 and is located in historic downtown Charleston, South Carolina. The founders and principals of 4SE, John Moore, P.E., Bill Ussery, P.E., and Greg Burbage, P.E. formerly practiced at Shoolbred Engineers in Charleston and have over 90 years of combined structural engineering experience. They have been managers of many projects in the Charleston area, all over the state of South Carolina and the southeast, and many other parts of the United States.
4SE has longstanding relationships with many architects and contractors throughout the southeast and are dedicated to helping all of their clients achieve their goals. We specialize in state-of-the-art analysis, design and building information modeling (BIM), construction management with a collaborative approach, and innovative and creative design solutions. The detail-oriented philosophy here at 4SE ensures engineering and architectural coordination on a wide range of projects.
4SE provides structural engineering consulting services in four areas.
New Construction and Existing Buildings:
- New Construction - structural design, drawings, specifications and construction administration
- Existing Buildings - structural assessment of existing conditions and structural design for reuse
- Types of Projects:
- Government and Institutional Buildings
- K-12 schools and Higher Education Facilities
- Office Buildings
- Healthcare Facilities
- Parking Garages
- Waterfront Structures
- Fire Stations, Public Safety and Emergency Operation Centers
- Condition assessment and evaluation of existing buildings for structural integrity
- Recommendations and structural design for repairs, strengthening, and renovations or additions, including stabilization if necessary
- Seismic upgrades
New and Existing Communication and Broadcast Towers:
- Specifications for bidding purposes and review of designs for code compliance
- Quality control to ensure erection of new towers consistent with industry standards
- For existing towers, inspections for insurance purposes or for purposes of obtaining information for structural evaluation
- Structural evaluations to ensure tower meets code requirements for additional loading
- Design and drawings for required structural modifications